VOICES FOR CHANGE YOUTH COALITION REPORT ON ANTI-BULLYING
On February 4, 2013, the County Council passed a resolution (CR16-2013) requesting Howard County Voices for Change Youth Coalition provide the County Council, the County Executive and the School Safety Task Force with a report from the youth perspective on bullying in the community by May 31, 2013. The report provides information from the youth perspective on:
- Frequency of bullying incidents and observed consequences in schools and the community;
- The effectiveness of current programs and policies before and after occurrences of bullying;
- Ideas for new programs and policies that may discourage and reduce instances of bullying;
- The relationship between adults and youth in addressing instances of bullying; and
- The use of social media and technology in addressing bullying and as a means of providing resources to youth who have been bullied.